What is an Association Management Company (AMC)?
A professional service firm that provides leadership in association management and other services through experienced staff, proven practices and shared resources for trade, business, professional and other organizations.
When providing full service management, AMC offices serve as the association headquarters. AMCs also provide specialized services that many not need full service management. AMCs provide economies of scale, buying power, flexibility and adaptablilty through executive leadership and professional, efficient management of programs and services, enabling productive use of association leaders’ time.
Facts about the AMC Industry:
- Has grown by 150 percent since 1986
- Manages annual budgets exceeding $3.4 billion collectively
- Represents more than 4,600 clients/associations
- Encompasses more then 7,600 employees
- Manages nearly 23,000 association meetings each year
- Books nearly $1 billion in meetings and conventions services each year
Source: AMC Institute